Hi! I’m Catherine. So nice to meet you! Let’s get to know each other, shall we? I’ll start…
When chronic illness came into my life I wasn’t sure how my life was supposed to carry on, and for a while it really didn’t. I was stuck. I felt like I had lost everything that made me who I was. I didn’t even feel like a whole person anymore, until one day I picked up a journal and started writing and couldn’t stop. Bit by bit I started to feel like a person again, a little less scared and a little more steady. That’s when I started this blog, and the rest of that story you will find here.
Life isn’t perfect, but it’s not supposed to be and an imperfect life can still be a good life. So I’m just here living my imperfect life, laughing whenever I can, learning from it all and of course blogging along the way.
And I hope you’ll join me.
Not sure where to start? Want to get a better idea of what this is all about? Here are some of my favourite posts:
- Finding my miracle…and finding the name of this blog – the very first post
- The not worst year of my life
- You’re doing a good job – check out this one if you need a little encouragement
- Six years sick: I would rather have a dragon
- Dear new doctor – in response to a letter from a doctor to chronic illness patients
- Happy New Year tutu you
- Life, reality and fairy dust – my secret to staying positive
- Bigger than my something – talking myself out of an existential crisis